Please read the notes of guidance carefully before starting your application
In order to successfully complete your application, you must:
- Attach your CV
- Fill out the Application form;
- Write a short motivation letter (250 words ±10%)*;
- Answer ONE essay question (500 words ±10%, no endnotes)*
- Upload any document required for your application;
Notes of guidance
In order to participate, you need to have your application submitted and accepted, be able to cover your travel costs both to and from Strasbourg and pay the 150€ participation fee (75€ for participants from Strasbourg). The participation fee covers the accommodation in Strasbourg as well as breakfasts and lunches, social events and transportation within the city.
Anyone officially residing on one of the following states is eligible to apply:
- All 28 EU Member States
- EFTA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland
- Eastern Partnership Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
- Southern Mediterranean Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia
- Western Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia
- Russian Federation
- Republic of Turkey
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Applicants must be between 18 and 26 years of age throughout the duration of the conference.
All fields in the application form MUST BE filled in British English, the official language of MEUS 2017. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automatically generated confirmation.
As stated previously, essays must be written in English. We strongly advise that you keep a copy of your essay after submitting your application. Note that, due to anti-plagiarism procedures, two identical essays from two different applicants will disqualify them both. Applications with no essays or essays on a different topic than those proposed will be automatically rejected.
You must choose one of the following essay questions:
- Is increased cooperation between Member States the key to a more efficient way of addressing terrorism?
- Should the extra-communitarian workers have the same rights and guarantees as the European workers when working in the internal market?
- Brexit in the context of EU integration: a failure or an opportunity?
You may choose from the following roles. Please note that you may apply for a maximum of two roles. You have to submit a motivation letter for both your 1st and 2nd choice.
- Member of the European Parliament (MEP);
- Minister of the Council of the European Union;
- Photojournalist, Videojournalist;
- Interpreter (only 1st choice).
Once you have selected your position, you must respect the following application criteria.
- Ministers, MEPs, Lobbyists and Print Journalists must submit the following:
- Their CV
- Their Motivation Letter (250 words (250 words ±10%);
- Their answer to ONE essay question (500 words ±10%)
- Print Journalist only must also attach a sample of journalistic work
- Video- and Photo Journalists must submit the following:
- Their CV
- Their Portfolio
- Interpreters must submit the following:
- Their CV
- Their Motivation Letter (500-1000 words)*
- Their Reference Letter
- Their Transcript of Records from last two years*
*Please consult the interpreters role description (on the right) for more information.
Please note that if you apply for two roles demanding an essay each, you will have to write ONE essay ONLY. If the two roles you selected require a motivation letter each, you will have to write TWO motivation letters.
Before submitting your application, you will need to agree with the Terms and Conditions.
4. File upload
You may upload of up to 5MB in total. If you encounter any error, upload a smaller file or contact the Head of Participants Coordination Claudio Teixeira (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5.Terms and conditions
By applying to be a participant at MEU Strasbourg, you will automatically agree with the following statement:
I declare that to the best of my knowledge the information provided is true and correct. I understand that inaccurate, misleading and/or untrue statements or knowingly withheld information may result in the termination of my application to Model European Union Strasbourg
- The Conference will be held between 18th to 25th March 2017
- The venue of the conference is the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France.
- The participation fee including accomodation in Strasbourg is 150€
- The participation fee for participants from Strasbourg is 75€
Do you need financial support? For those most in need we offer to waive the participation fee and reimburse up to €100 of your travel expenses. Download formular to find out more!